Thursday, April 03, 2008

Good? Or?

I bumped into Bridget (my foundation drawing and current mentor on figurative painting) a couple of minutes ago and these were the words she said.
"I think you should continue painting more. Cuz I think you're good. I have no idea why your other conceptual piece did not get chosen (for Best of ADM cuz it was reccomended by both Bridget and Joan (my advanced drawing mentor)) but I think you are one of the better ones and should not give up on that." "I mean I'm glad the others got chosen as well but not that they weren't good, but it's nice to hear a compliment every once in awhile =)"

The irony of the whole situation came from the words and situation of another person. Aunty Liyao.
"Martin (aka jackyoungblood, digi painting jedi!) asked me to send my piece for Best of ADM leh and I completely ignored him. Siao waste my time go and find it. I don't even know where I throw it liao." "Huh? Dean chose my portrait painting for Best of ADM? then this week what I use? Must redo ah? Huh... I'd rather he don't choose lo then no need to do more work."

Haha the best part of the whole scenario is that she left her portrait in my area where I stash my work so the dean thought it was mine and asked me about it.

Competition amongst fellow artists would always be there. However mutual respect and learning is even more important. Fair enough non of my works got chosen by the man himself, but hey, every artist has his or her time =)

JeRmS "Hmm I don't think I'll be keeping any of them. Probably throw away or something. Dunno where to put" Zheng "Wah I think it's damn cool la. Haha you go hang on your wall or paste on your ceiling also shiok."

Now that you've mentioned it, I cannot agree more haha

More Improvements to the set... We're finally inching ahead in our progress now =)
And Some secret help on some items on the set! From future Viz Com extraordinare ShiHui

#Rule 6 A man must have personal pride but respect all those around him

TTFNtatfornow
JeRmS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home