Wednesday, November 28, 2007

FernGully

I suddenly awaken and remember the title.

Ferngully.


Not the best of flims, but pretty decent. More importantly once again this is a film which ONLY I remember and was something that got me to doubt myself (like the snorks.) The producer no longer exists and it was distributed by FOX.

An environmentalist flick this feature animation had the voice talents of people such as Christen slater and Robbie Williams and appeared on the big screen even in Singapore in 1992! Last but not least, it was the show that linked me the most to the song "The hot stepper" (from my prev post) and was probably where I heard it for the first time. (And yes folks, to those who haven't watched the film... there's a scene whereby the lead guy listens to his walkman and dances to the song)

Much like The Snorks 1982-89, it was from Hannah-Barbera and had 4 fully seasons with more than 60 episodes in total!!! If that's not good enough what is?

The thing is... I don't just like animation, I love it. And have loved it since birth. Shows that have only been screened when I was 2-3 years of age could remain in my memories till now, 20 years later.

How did this mad craze of ancient cartoons surface recently? Lol... thanks to animation art history when I was utterly disappointed when NON of these films that I remember became part of our study (which also made me wonder if I was just imagining everything up since no one could find it.).

Well my curiousity to my madness has been answered and HENCE!.... More happiness is of me.. hee..

TTFNtatafornow
JeRmS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home