Thursday, November 22, 2007

Busy body


I realise that it is my innate nature to be a busy body.
Somehow I would always wanna give my 2 cents worth in opinion or add a touch here and there to everything belonging to everyone except my own.

So what makes me the expert that's so great and self righteous to judge everyones' work and life styles?
What makes me feel that I myself am fine in the current situation such that I have the time to bother about others?

It is (in my opinion) the lacking of standards on my own self that result in my own demise. Looking back at my past semester in ADM, I have realised from looking at others work that I may have been the one who always seemed to be the most ambitious and at times most obnoxious, however I was also willing to put in the least effort in comparison to my peers.

No doubt some argued that I have always seemed to pull off what seems not normally possible or at least difficult to achieve, but even so my work has definitely been nothing less than half arsed and only good enough for submission such that I have NOTHING but the bare minimum.

With that I am in deep regret. Only because my once held opinion that the only reason for failure is that I do not put enough effort, is now smashed by the thought that that very statement has been overused and that since I never really have put in the time, I may NEVER have been able to achieve what I had been setting out to do.

With a heavy heart, I look at my 2D portfolio and cannot help but feel as if I'm one of the most inferior in class. though far from perfect, Had I put in as much effort into my other works as I had done for my final, the current state of my final would be far ahead from what it is right now.

Even with that statement it seems that I am satisfied with what I have now and conclude that what I have currently achieved is commendable.

The only slap back comes hard on me when reality sets in from the comments from 3 people. My Mum, My sis and My ex Girlfriend.

Mum: "Is that all? Thats not impressive."
Sis: "That's it? haha"
Jo: "Well the others are more cartoonie. Yours is like more elaborate."


Elaboration is not the key to a good animation. There are tons of artists out there with far better skill and hence my concentration to have the "prettiest" drawings in class no doubt has gotten me some attention, but the end result is the same. Over ambition without hitting the mark.

Why bother on some lousy character design when I could have focused so much more on REAL animation? at the end of the day the real loser is me and hence I new found respect for all those around me. (Salutes) RESPECT! (Particularly to Joan, Jerly, Lix, Kim Siang and the rest)

QDDZJ "qing duo duo zi jiao"
JeRmS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home